Wednesday, 13 September 2017

Fairy Dance

A very excited person is filled with childish joy when encountering fairies at the bottom of the garden. They are deliriously happy and share a joyful dance while birds sing above. This soon reaches its conclusion when this happy person is forced to face reality once more breaking their joyful mood.

* * *

I laughed ecstatically, with pure joy within my heart, as I span on the spot in the middle of the lawn, surrounded by fairies. It was dawn, with the distant sun popping its head above the horizon as if to peep at the surreal spectacle of me dancing in nothing but dainty pink panties. The damp grass beneath my bare feet cooled the rest of my body, that never ceased spinning for a single moment dancing alongside the fairies. I was growing increasingly breathless and I knew it wouldn't be long before I had to stop, but I was ecstatically happy not wanting this feeling to ever end.

Fairies were gentle creatures, pure of heart, that only chose to reveal themselves to true believers. No doubt they sensed I was special, one of the chosen few, someone they could trust. There were around half a dozen of them, each with wings of splendour, dancing with one another as I danced among them. My smile was wide. The birds in the tree above sang a calming tune as the fairies and myself danced in unison.

"Tweet, tweet, tweet," said the birds.

"Flutter, flutter, flutter," replied the fairies with their gentle near silent wings.

I gave the birds a momentary wave while continuing with my dance. It wasn't long however that I grew exhausted and collapsed onto the lawn almost falling into the pond in the process. Quickly repositioning myself I looked up at the early morning sky with the fairies still dancing around me. I felt giddy and took deep breaths.

"Danny what are you doing? You're embarrassing yourself, get inside now!" My wife called out from the open front door of the house.

"I'm dancing, um, I'm with the fairies," I replied while slurring my words.

"Why are you wearing my undies?" My wife moaned.

Turning to the fairies they appeared unbothered by my wife's words and continued to dance with happiness, the birds however had swiftly left the tree.

"You're drunk!" My wife moaned.

Fairies or dragonflies, what did it matter? They made me feel happy. So long as creatures exist that spread happiness who cares what they're called. My head continued to spin as I made my way slowly on my wobbly legs towards the house and my angry wife.

THE END.



No comments:

Post a Comment